Sunday 19 October 2014

Review | My Little Box October 2014



A couple of days ago, I received my second edition of My Little Box. And it's a good-un.

Last month I reviewed the first ever edition of the UK's MLB and I was so impressed, I couldn't wait to get my hands on the next box.
Each month has it's own theme, and while September's was more of a "welcome-to-all-things-french" kind of box, October sees the Parisienne company teaming up with the absolute icon that is Diane Von Furstenburg!



Micellar Water by My Little Beauty, 150ml for £18

Each month there is a lovely make up bag filled with 3 products and decorated accordingly to the theme of the box.
The first beauty product I pulled out was from MLB's own beauty range My Little Beauty.
Micellar Water is similar to Nivea's Cleansing Water which I got in last months GlossyBox, and have been using most days, and so far I've been very pleased with it.
My Little Beauty's feautures Aloe Vera and orange extract for softening and smoothing the skin. It's refreshing after a long day and can be used to removed make up and as moisturiser on even the most sensitive skin.
And there you go! Glowing Skin!


Shea Butter Hand Cream by L'Occitane En Provence 30ml for £8

Next up was a trial size version (10ml) of a gorgeous vanilla scented hand cream by L'Occitane.
Now this is a company I have heard of many times but have never got round to trying any of their products. (I don't have an excuse I'm sorry) However, I wish I had!
This is probably one of the best hand creams I've ever used!
The balm leaves your hands feeling so nourished and ridiculously soft. The actual full sized product is 20ml more than I recieved in the box, but it's still pretty easy to just throw in your bag- even if you are the owner of a real teeny-tiny bag. 
Plus the smell is just delicious. 


Lacque Noire hairspray by Kerastase 300ml for £19.50

The last product in the beauty bag is a extra strong hold hairspray by Kerastase. 
Now, I've never been a big fan of hairsprays. I've always found that 1) they were quite sticky and 2) didn't really hold my hair in place for very long. So I figured it was a waste of my time and money even attempting to use them.
Lacque Noire is from Kerastase's Couture styling rang. It's extra strong hold dries very quickly and even holds your hair in place ALL DAY! It leaves your hair looking shiny, healthy and just all round gorgeous.
Also note that if you feel like making a change to your hairstyle in the middle of the day, the spray can just be brushed out and reworked!
I have finally found a hairspray I like!



The final two products in this months box are are both exclusively designed by Diane Von Furstenburg.

If you don't know DVF (I'm not sure you can do fashion without her!) she is basically a designing legend. At 26 she created a simple yet beautiful wrap dress and BOOM catapulted her into the fashion spotlight. Her designs are still as popular now as they were 40 years ago.
I literally squealed with delight when I saw that MLB had collaborated with her.

First up is an adorable little brooch featuring the brands signature lip logo. there isn't a huge amount to say on this other than it's really cute!

Then we have a beautiful scarf which I believe is only available through October's box. (Correct me if I'm wrong!)
The scarf can be worn in so many ways -a few of which are shown in the magazine/packaging- and its simple black and white print can go with almost any outfit you wish.

So far I have been so impressed with My Little Box's uniqueness. And I'm hoping they continue to create such beautiful boxes each month.


And let's be honest, I am ridiculously excited to go out and show off my brand new DVF scarf!
Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr
Listening to: Forever Ends Here- Oceans Away.

2 comments:

  1. Nice review! My favourite was the scarf and micellar water. I am absolutely obsessed with My Little Box at the moment!

    http://essentialmustela.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I also really love the handcream!! I'm really excited to see what else they bring out in their boxes! x

      Delete